Monday, November 28, 2022

Searching for a Place to Submit My Play

I am guessing from what I see online my version of The Masque of the Red Death is a full-length play. We are about tot find out.

I sorted through bookmarks for contests. 

I passed on NYCPlaywrights

Broadway Play Publishing Inc requires a reformatting, and I will do that later.

Charles M. Getchell New Play Contest Rules & Guidelines reopens March 1 and wants no adaptations.

The Austin Film Festival, the Scribe Playwriting Competition, and Theatre Rocks! National Playwriting Competition have fees, and I am holding onto my money for now.

The following have lists that I have used in finding the above: Dramatist Guild ContestsList of Playwriting Contests (Updated for 2022), and American Association of Community Theatre.

For now, I am skipping The Robert J. Pickering / J.R. Colbeck Award for Playwriting Excellence as it requires submissions by mail

I am sending my play off to the following:

I am mentioning the WOODWARD/NEWMAN AWARD:  because it is in Bloomington, Indiana; I do not think I have anything long enough to submit there.

sch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment