Sunday, September 4, 2022

Saturday - Without Any Fighting

I was slow moving this morning, but I put some work in on this post.

I got home from work about 5. That seems to be the best I can do this week. Tonight the delay was grocery shopping. I was surprised how any people at the restaurant were worried about my absence last Sunday and worried about me. I never expect that reaction from people.

I ate and started working up a post on Raintree County. Suddenly I was tired and took at a nap. I was quite out of it, to the point of missing two calls from DM. I called him back when I finally got moving again. That was after 7. I got to work on finishing the post. Then I started on "Problem Solving." I knocked off with about 11. Since then, I have knocked off the list from Best European Fiction 2010.

  1.  Penny Simpson
  2. Welsh Book Council 
  3. Royal Society of Literature
  4. Story 
  5. Galway Arts Centre
  6. Julian Gough 
  7. irelandliterature.com (which seems to be about relationship books now, but seems amusing and pertinent and rather witty, and I am keeping it on this list.)
  8. Nordic Voices in Translation - a blog that is in English about Nordic literature.
  9. Portal da Literatura (in Portugese; how about that KH?)

 The list was written 10 years ago, and these are all that is still alive. I started listing the other day, and now I am done. One less piece of paper (actually cardboard) on my table.

"Passerby" got another rejection:

Thank you for your submission. Unfortunately "Passerby" is just not a right fit for new_sinews.

Best Wishes,

steve barbaro
 

The new_sinews website. I think that is the most succinct rejection, yet. 

I did stop to watch a documentary on Elmore Leonard that PBS ran tonight. Leonard needs to be read to see great writing. Otherwise, I listened to the blues show on WXPN.

It is midnight. Work tomorrow.

But if you do feel the need for a fight:


 

sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment