Sunday, May 15, 2022

Report: Half Way Through May

 I walked to work in my new shoes. A good purchase, my feet hurt so much less. I got a ride back. It was too hot, my back ached from helping tossing the trash cans.

I had one of the, maybe the best omelette I have ever had. Spinach and feta cheese, but most impressive were the eggs - light as air.

I missed a call from the group therapist. She also sent a text:

We will not be having group 5/17/22.

Please respond so I know you received this message.

 Back at the room, I rested an hour before starting on my laundry. I also ate dinner. I finished reading Lillian Hellman's Monterserrat - more about that later and elsewhere. It is after 10 pm. Time for sleep.

Tomorrow - calls about my CPAP and this week's counseling, maybe attend a political meeting, maybe start the end of "Death and a Kiss."

Speaking of "Death and a Kiss," I have now reached 518 reads. Not sure where they are coming from but happy to get them I wish I knew if they were happy with the story.

Florence + Machine has a new album. This is a group I came to while in prison and one I really like. I recognize a lot of my experiences in her songs. The video is from the new album. It is one of her songs where I go "I recognize those feelings." This one comes close to the rhythms and contradictions I felt in my brain up to when I decided to stop with the suicide attempts. What followed was me really crashing and burning but that needs another day to describe.

 


sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment