Monday, May 2, 2022

Another Not So Wild a Weekend

I overslept yesterday. I set the alarm on the phone but forgot to change the day. I still had time to mu k about online, checking out my reads on Booksie and starting a post for this blog. Lucky the Mall bus runs early in Saturday. I take it down to Centennial and walk over to Wheeling. It was a pleasant morning.

Busy at the restaurant. The back pain was better thanks to Ben-Gay. Knees do not bend well. 

After work, I got the bus up to Payless. Cashed my check. Bought some food. Called KH. He is not so happy with Chapter 7 of "Death and a Kiss". I called E on the trip from bus station to room.

I ate dinner. We had a bit of a thunderstorm:


My attempt at video of the same thing:

Spielberg has nothing to worry about.

I listened to The Many Moods of Ben Vaughn  and a Sonic Bloom show on MixCloud while doing some posts for here and cleaning out my email. That kept me busy till time to sleep.

Since tired seems to be me nowadays, this will be my new theme song:


Sunday I tried riding the bike to work. The lungs need more exercise. Coming back it was more the legs and the four liters of RC Cola dangling from the handlebars that caused problems. My solution was to walk.

I did get a story idea riding to work. An idea I have had for years without being able to figure out a plot popped up as I was thinking about Lillian Hellman. Now to find the time to flesh it out.

I stopped off at Dollar General for super glue. My shoes are falling apart. We will see if my repairs work.

Back at the room I got kind of accosted by another resident, a twenty-something female. I think she may have been tipsy, she wanted to know what was my favorite drink. She followed me up to the office ss I got ice. She certainly needed someone to talk to. I got rid of her by claiming a need for dinner and a shower. The only contact with anyone outside of work. Not anyone I would have messed with in the days of a wild hair sprouting out of my posterior.

I did my SSI appeal. I finally figured to just google the process rather than wait any longer.

I wrote and researched the post Lillian Hellman's Watch on the Rhine. It was 11 pm by then.

Up at 5 AM and now time to get ready for work.  

The reads for "Death and a Kiss" are 394 as of this writing. They come in as dribs and drabs.

And a Monday song for you:

Let's hope for a better day, a better week, than T-Bone sings about.

sch 5/2/22


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment