Friday, April 22, 2022

Writing: More About Conflict

 I posted before about conflict in fiction. That was Writing: Understanding Conflict.

Lincoln Michel has Conflict Is Only One Way to Think About Stories and raises an interesting question:

Regardless of how we define “conflict,” it seems to me the more fundamental question is what is really driving a story? What is making it tick? If a story is 95% lyrical observations about city life and 5% a plot about a shitty boss, is it really useful to claim it’s a story about a work conflict?

I worry about my story "Colonel Tom". It has been repeatedly rejected.  (See here and here and here for examples.) This article made consider the conflict in my story and about all I could come up with is the conflict between loving and death. I hope that is enough.

sch 4/8/22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment