Wednesday, January 19, 2022

New Job

I got up on time. Well, I hit snooze twice. I still managed breakfast and getting the bus on time. 

The Whitely bus worried me. It was carrying high school students. I saw me missing the Ivy Tech bus while we dropped off the kids at Muncie Central. I must say I never saw the bus so close to full. Thing is we got to the station on time. The Ivy Tech bus was late.  Ten minutes late. That was a first. Muncie buses have been overwhelmingly on time. I did not take this as a hood omen. I called the human resources department.

I met with the human resources guy about 15 minutes late. He clocked me in. I noticed Paycom handled their time clocks. Then I was delivered to my work crew.

They were loading boxes of puzzles made in China off truck onto pallets.  This I could do.  Puzzles are lighter than dishes. 

We got a morning and an afternoon break and a lunch break. Real breaks.  

I had two problems, both with the mask they have me wear. One was my glasses fogging up. The other was how masks aggravate my COPD.

The day went faster than at Texas Roadhouse. I left dry and with no more pains.

But I had one more problem - the system would not let me clock out. That looked to create another problem- I had to be at the sheriff's before 4 and I had a walk of about a half mile between work and Sheriff. Failing to register weekly is a misdemeanor.

I registered about 3:55. I will go back Thursday to do the paperwork adding my new job to the sex offender registry. 

I caught the bus from the Justice Center back downtown and then caught the Northwest Plaza bus. I had grocery shopping to do - I needed sandwich materials for my lunch breaks. I got back to my room just before six.

I ate dinner. I set the alarm for 5 AM. I read a little of a Stuart Kaminsky novel. I started to watch Superman and Lois. I started to feel tired, so I turned in.

I came to write this because I woke up an hour ago. Monday night I kept waking every two hours. Not sure if it was nerves or what. The alarm goes off in 4 hours. I am almost at the end of this note.

I want to end with this bit of news: I sent my PO an email announcing the new job and got a quick reply wanting information about the job. He no more mentioned the new laptop than he returned my sister's calls about the laptop or my emails on the subject. Amazing or what?

sch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment