Thursday, December 16, 2021

The Rest of Wednesday 12-15 and Part of 12-16

I remained in my room feeling a little wrecked from work the night before. I have definite numbness in my hands that amounts to s cramp. My sister has heard nothing from my PO regarding his approval of the new laptop. He did say it would be after the first of the year. He has kept his word on that score. I am so tired of typing on this phone.

I did some writing for this blog. I ate a hard salamis sandwich and hummus lunch. I listened to the Dropkick Murphys on YouTube and to Dangerous Curves on KDHX (a show of only female singers; mostly soul and blues but pretty cool.) I watched this seminar on book reviewing. Then I went off to work.

A pleasant surprise at work: a new runner who can work. Probably why I am completely exhausted this Thursday morning. One of the bakers gave me s lift back to the room.

ZaI worked on the boxes when I got back. I found some more parts of "The Lynching at Paris." So far this seems like the one most likely to have gone missing since "Love Stinks" looks to be intact. I also found a long short, "The Women in His Life." Here might be a story I could serialize. I have more boxes waiting on me today.

Listening to WFMU's Wake Up with Clay Pigeon. Which is kind of a mistake - I was shooting for today's live show. But it's pretty cool having heard both Prince and The Animals and a bunch of bands I had not heard before. The Headcotees doing a great version of "Teenage Kicks."

Speaking of my boxes:

That is most of them. This is almost all of ten year's worth of the work I did at Fort Dix Federal Correctional Institution. I thank you for the contribution of your tax dollars.

Time for me to catch up on my reading.

sch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment