Sunday, November 21, 2021

No Apartment

 As Joe Ely would say, I had my hopes up high. I left my room thinking this would be my last week here. The price sounded good - enough I could even swing the utlities - and the place was in a good location even if I knew the area from running with my criminal friends and I liked the sound of my potential landlords. I thought I'd done my due diligence. Then I got there. I was early and walked around and found the deal killer. A school. Since the people of the State of Indiana through the General Assembly has in its wisdom declared that the tykes need protection from the likes of me, I cannot live within 1000 feet of a school. I must have missed this one. I was very unhappy. The potential landlords showed up. They had to be in their seventies. The day was gloomy and chilly. They were just as nice as they sounded on the phone. The apartment was just as nice as they. That it might be a tad too small and with only only one bath was set by the bathtub (a bath where I could soak out the pain in my hip and joints!) I could not tell them why I could not take the apartment. I told them I would let them know about taking the place, that there was another I needed to see before I made my decision. Yes, I know I got myself into this spot, but I also got two nice people out on a dreary Indiana day only to disappoint them. That I continue to disappoint people grates on my conscience.

Work was a long slog. I started taking ibuprofen the day before. I could not feel my knee or hip until almost closing time. Then I felt them until I got home and finally fell asleep. I did not sleep quietly; twice I tore off my cpap mask. 

Sunday was slow moving. I started writing this hours after I woke. I ate and it moped and tried to find to find some energy.

I did watch part of a Divine Liturgy on YouTube. You can do likewise.

I now have less than 2 hours before I need to leave for work . I have some reading to do and then maybe add to this blog. Where does the time go?

Home for the foreseeable future:


sch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment