Thursday, October 21, 2021

We Have Covid in My Building 1 12/20/2020

 As of this past Friday, Unit E5741 is on quarantine.  (Of the difference between quarantine and what we were on before, the answers are our meals are delivered to us and we get a bit more noise about wearing masks and no outdoor recreation.) My put up a sign declaring anyone coming in has to wear a mask. Several other rooms have similar rooms. Today I saw one guard who had been most bold in not wearing a mask had one now firmly in place.

Wed got the quarantine announcement Friday at a town hall meeting. Leading the meeting was the female head of the medical staff. The captain was also present. There were nabobs in attendance (an assistant warden but no warden). Case manager Morales was present and accounted for. Counselor Jones was said to have been seen leaving early.  

The head of the medical staff was asked if any contact tracing was being done.  Her answer was (which I can only paraphrase here) was a wonderful deflection to the point of being an awe inspiring example of bureaucratic c.y.a.. It could be called the handjob maneuver. We were told we had not been living in a bubble (even though none of us have been ale to leave the prison and there had been no cases in the building since the start of the pandemic.) and how inmates had been out of the building to an outside hospital (although no one in the building could not think any person or person who had done so) and that the virus could be transmitted by just going up to a drive up window (pretty sure none of us have done that lately - or are we missing out on the total prison experience?) and that we should not play the "blame game" (which makes sense as anything else might imply a duty to us on the part of the prison bureaucrats who do not want to test their talents and skills in the current job market which might just look askance at those talents and skills). We got people now wandering the hallway wearing masks which seems like closing the barn door after the horse crosses the county line.

Tomorrow we get tested  We get the up-the-nose test. This I dread.

I've got my CPAP cough. people are scared I've got the Covid. I'll not complain if I have the disease. I came here hoping for a quiet death.

That I get Covid and it doesn't kill me will leave me annoyed. That means I will also lose my compassionate release

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment